Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Swell



Here is our trip out the The Wedge over conference weekend. It was so nice to get away, just our little family. We got there after dark on Friday. Our campsite was awesome. We were right near a wash. Very cool.
Saturday morning we ate breakfast and then listened to conference. We couldn't get the radio in the trailer to pick up a station, so we pulled the truck under the awning and opened a few windows so we could hear. It was raining pretty good during the first session. After the first session was over, Garth took the two older girls exploring, while I stayed in the trailer with Camryn and tried to get her to take a nap. The rain was just a light sprinkle by then. Thankfully Camryn took her nap and I was able to read. Garth came back with the girls and they spent some quality time in the mud. They had a blast burying and find this dolphin of Taylor's that amazingly, hasn't disappeared out of the trailer with how much they play with it. Camryn didn't know what to think of the mud, so she stayed out of it. After the second session of conference, we went for a ride to go check out the wedge. We found a great spot to try out an echo. The girls thought that was pretty neat, and it was. It was cool to hear it echo all the way around the canyon. On the way back to the trailer, we found a "tickle your tummy" spot on the road. I think we went back and forth over that place about 4 times. Camryn even thought it was neat. Garth and I got a kick out of watching her face. Our goal was to record her the next day, but it didn't happen. We tried to have a fire that night, but the rain wasn't helping out at all. We ended up doing smores in the microwave, but not before we told a few ghost stories around the camp fire. Garth came up with a good one and gave Taylor a pretty good scare. Rylie, on the other hand, thought is was a "great story". She is such a tuffy.
Sunday morning looked better than Saturday weather wise. We made a yummy breakfast with all the fixins and listen to conference. After the first session, Camryn and I came on the explorer trip the others and gone on the day before. It was tons of fun. We came back with polliwogs. Garth loves to bring back animals he has found when he is out places. We've had so many at my house, but they all end up the same way - DEAD! :) (these only made it til tuesday) But the girls had fun trying to catch them. Rylie was the first to catch her own. I told you, she's a tuffy. They climbed up and down the rocks and just had a great time. It was really nice spending quality time with just my girls and Garth. The day ended with listening to the last session of conference, cleaning up camp, and heading home.
It was a great weekend! I'm glad I kind of threw a fit and had Garth take me camping. I hope he is too.

4 comments:

garrett said...

Looks like you had a great time!!! Camryn's little smile is great.

Luke and Mary said...

Oh that sounds like such a nice weekend. You guys needed a good break like that. Love you guys!
Dont worry about the music... unless it's easily accessible. I should be getting my rehearsal track soon but I dont know if it will have voice so maybe it would be a good thing.. either way. :)

Tiffanie said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I am impressed that you braved the rain. (I guess having a trailer helps) :-)

Jason and Joy said...

What a fun trip! I hope Jason takes me and Jocelyn here sometime. It looks like your girls all had fun!