Friday, November 21, 2008

Life

It never ends around here.  Life is always crazy.  Whoever said "Once things slow down, I'll be able to ..." should be shot or at least strung up by their feet, because things always come up!  I can't think of a time in my life when things have ever slowed down.  There is always something on the horizon.  Not that it's a problem, but sometimes enough is enough.
With all my ranting, you'd think life at our house was bad, but really, things are fine, just full.  Garth is finishing up his bout with strep, I am constantly sick, and Camryn is finishing up her bout with and ear infection (not to mention the couple days she had the stomach flu, sorry Jared and Liz).  Well, it gets better.  Garth has been in massive pain since Tuesday - I think - only to find out he has a hernia in his belly button.  He goes in on Tuesday to get it taken care of and I took Camryn in to the doctor Thursday to get her caught up on her shots and came out with another prescription for breathing treatments!  Her lungs are really rumbly.  And did I mention I feel sick all day?  Taylor also has an infected toe. :)  Good times. But hey, that's life right.  If I'm not busy, I'm bored.
So there you have it.  My house is a mess, because who really wants to clean when you don't feel good and are in major pain?  No one around here, that's for sure.  But the girls make it to school on time, get homework done and piano practiced,  I'm still able to get to my classes, so it all works out - even if it seem like just barely.
The other thing on my mind these days are my parents.  They are moving out of the home I grew up in.  This has brought many memories to my mind.  But the thing that I think of the most is how much my parents love each other.  I also wanted to let my parents know how much I love and appreciate them!  My parents are awesome!  They have raised 6 pretty darn good kids and still have their sanity (even if it seem like it's mostly gone at times :)).  They did their best to provide us with the things they thought we needed and the things we thought we needed.  I will be forever greatful to them.  I enjoy watching them now that all the kids are out of the house.  It's like I'm able to truly see the relationship they have.  The love they have for each other is amazing.  Anyway, I love you mom and dad!

3 comments:

Trent, Natalie and Jantz said...

I sure hope you all get better! Being sick is NOO fun.

Mindy said...

Chet has had the hernia belly thing for nine years! You will have to tell me the secret to getting your husband to go to the doctors. Hope you feel better soon.

TheFirstWard said...

Your Mom and I are thinking of you too. We hope everything goes well for all of your fammily. We look froward to seeing you this week. We love you guys!