Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Adventures in Hair Cutting!

So Friday I got my hair cut and colored (I promise I'll post a picture, it's pretty fun) because I had dance pictures on Saturday and had to have my picture taken too. (last time I got my hair done was in Nov.) I had to take the girls with me because Garth had just left for a scout camp. Just before we left, Camryn had downed at least a third of a bunch of grapes (really I don't know, but for a little one, it was a lot!) Anyway, we get to the girl's house and she starts on my hair color. Shortly after, Camryn comes in a throws-up on her floor. Yum, grapes! It was nice. I get her cleaned up, Patty gets me one of her daughters old shirts and I struggle to keep Camryn on my lap, just in case she isn't done. Keeping her on my lap fails and she head off to the playroom. Next thing I hear is "Mom, Camryn just threw up." Oh, let the good times roll! Hop out of the chair and head back to the play room to clean up. By now I'm stressing and all that good stuff that happens when your child gets sick somewhere other than home. Patty can tell and is being great about the whole thing with some thanks to my good friend who has told Patty to be nice to me (not that she wouldn't be and always is) because I have been SUPPER stressed out lately (she is an awesome friend by the way, love her guts) We get started again. I've got Camryn on my lap in just her diaper now and she spews again! Yum, grapes!
So here we are, Camryn has now thrown up in Patty's house 3 times, I have this fun new color on a good portion of my hair, I think we've trashed 3 towels by now, and I am at a loss as to what to do. Patty is so sweet and says it's up to me. I know Camryn isn't sick, just has an upset tummy from all those grapes, but really, a person shouldn't stay in someone else's home when their child has thrown up 3 times! But I did! Is that bad? Camryn fell asleep shortly after the third round, and Patty finished my hair and cut Rylie's.
Adventures in Hair Cutting! I know they didn't cover this in school! So Patty, thanks for awesome hair! Becky, thank you so much for caring about me, it means so much. And Camryn, thanks for keeping life interesting!

6 comments:

Trent, Natalie and Jantz said...

=D Oh WOW! Sounds like quite the day. I am glad you got your hair done and thanks to little kids for never letting life get dull!!! =D

Luke and Mary said...

Wow. What a day!!! I hope you REALLY like your hair so all that struggle was worth it. Luckily you weren't at a salon! hahah
I can't wait to see the picture!!!

TheFirstWard said...

We will be looking forward to seeing your new hair color. It is not the color of grapes is it?

em said...

Isn't that the best part about having kids-never a dull moment?

Jason and Joy said...

oh man! What a day! Can't wait to see pictures of the new hair - and hopefully Camryn feeling a little better, now that she got rid of all the grapes!

Hayley said...

tori - don't worry, i wouldn't say those things in front of children.

i hope that camryn is feeling better by now!