Friday, March 12, 2010

Adventures is Diapers

This is kind of a gross story, but pretty funny. So, if you don't want to read about poop - STOP, but if you do and want to laugh at me, keep going. :) I think its a great story to share.
I always put the clean diaper underneath the one the baby/child has on already when I'm changing a diaper. Just in case there's more there than I thought or just in case the cold air causes a little something else to happen. Well, I was changing Pyper's diaper and slid the new one underneath her and then my nose itched. So, I scratched my nose and then I felt something wet on the tip of my nose. Nice. Grabbed a wipe to wipe it off and sure enough, it's a little bit of Pyper's potty on my nose! Gross! Funny. Not so good.
So I still slide the clean diaper under, but will now resist the urge to scratch my nose. Ahh, motherhood. Always an adventure.
Now here's one about Camryn. She's wearing panties!!!! I could have had one less daughter last Thursday, I wasn't so happy with her and her potty skills. So Friday I decided that was it, no more diapers. She's going to be 3 in two months and I'm tired of buying diapers for two kids. I know there's all the bit about waiting until the child is ready, but what about the mom? Anyway, it has gone really well. I think my "persuasive" words the other day did the trick. The little stinker is ready, she has just been lazy about the whole thing and I let her be. But she's doing so good and likes to put stickers on her potty chart. It's great. Mom is happy and Camryn is a big girl. Ahh, motherhood.

7 comments:

Lauralee said...

Ah motherhood is so great! And thank goodness it was your own childs potty matter and not someone elses cause thats always hard to handle. Congrats on the potty training too!!!

Elizabeth Ward said...

My friend Patricia used to check Anreys diaper by sticking her fingers down the back with out looking first. I would gasp every time. One day she did it and pulled her fingers out with poop all over them. I laughed and laughed. I said, "Did you really think that that was not going to happen some day?"

Hurray for Camryn and Mommy!!!

JamesVal said...

You know me, I can't stop reading if there is poop involved, but afterwards I had this smell of poop underneath my nose for the rest of the morning. Pretty gross, sista, but very funny!!! You should have taken a pic!!

Luke and Mary said...

Coulda been worse!! On Christmas morning Luke's mom was changing her 1 month old grandsons diaper on her lap. Midway through the change he decided to let some fly... and fly it did. ALL OVER HER FACE AND HAIR! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. She couldn't even open her mouth to tell us it was on her face! LOL. So.. just be glad it was only a little on your house.
Congrats to you and Camyrn! That is a happy day!

Unknown said...

I like all your stories about your kids Torrance :)

Darren and Dianne said...

That's pretty funny about you getting poo on your nose! My little girl is going to be 3 in June and yah the whole potty training thing sucks bad! Being my first time trying it, it has taken many tries!! I think I am just letting her be lazy too!

Unknown said...

Yeah! Congrats to Camryn and you on the potty training:) That is for sure a big feat!