Thursday, February 19, 2009

Not A Secret

It's no secret that I don't like doing laundry. I don't like staying on top of it, making sure when one load is done the next gets in, and I really, REALLY don't like folding it. And not folding leads to ironing! But here are my thoughts for today...
I just did laundry last week. I'm doing it again this week because I need some of the things the girls wore last weekend at the cabin clean so they can wear them again this weekend. Usually I do laundry every two weeks because I hate it so much. But after today, I realize that it's not too bad if you get it done each week. The loads aren't as big (or it doesn't take two loads to do each batch) and it doesn't take as long to fold them. But here are more thoughts, I'm sure after having this great epiphany (which really isn't that great cuz I think I've thought all this before) my laundry habits really won't change! Maybe every now and then, but I don't think it will be a regular thing. This is not a job I enjoy doing!
More random thoughts...
I wonder if my household would survive if I was gone for 2 weeks. That is something I would really like to see.
I also feel like I look like a house! I swear I look like I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant instead of 4 1/2. People will ask when I'm due and I say middle of June, I know there thinking, "man she's huge!" Sure this is my fourth pregnancy, fifth according to the doctor (gets confusing), but still. I'm huge and still have 4 1/2 months to go! Really stinks.
And, my house is a mess. We're dancing at one of the care centers tonight and tomorrow I need to get us all packed and ready to go. So it won't get done. And much like my mom, I hate coming home to a dirty house. Where are the cleaning fairies when I need them?

So there you have it. I guess I'm having a mom moment. Oh well, what do you do? Say that's life and move on...right?

4 comments:

Luke and Mary said...

Yeah.. I have those days too. And I don't have near as many little bodies to clothe. However, I wish Luke's clothes were smaller.... I can only fit a couple of his jeans in the washer at a time. Throw in a shirt or two and the washer is OVER filled. *sigh* today is my laundry day too... i guess I better go get started.

Jason and Joy said...

ugg.....laundry....I think that about sums it up!
Hopefully some cleaning fairies will show up and then you can send them to my house!

Janeal and Brett said...

I totally agree....Laundry is no fun, along with cleaning and everything else. Good thing you are amazing! Good luck!

Brie said...

I hate the laundry more than anything, too. I won't do it until I absolutely have to. That is usually when I run out of Unders. THEN when I do get it washed, it sits on the floor of my bedroom and does not get put away until a month or more later when I have worn most of it and there really is not anything left to put away. Ha ha. I hate it. Stupid clothes!!