Thursday, April 17, 2008

Here We Come!


On Tuesday we began the long trek to California.  A family vacation that doesn't include a motocross track!  How very exciting!  We are in California visiting Garth's cousin Cari.  The main purpose of our trip is to do a LAYERS party for Cari.  She did a Pampered Chef party for me last year and I told her I would come and do a LAYERS one for her!  She is my very best customer.  Great excuse for a party.  Anyway, we loaded up the van, and we were on our way.  The girls were awesome!  They each did such a great job - even Camryn.  Tomorrow we are headed to the beach.  This is the one spot the girls are most excited for.  I'll let you know how that goes.  I joked with the girls, telling them that we wouldn't be able to go to the beach because they closed it - it was being drained and they were working on it.  Taylor said I was just joking, but later asked me if I was joking, just to make sure.  I think she was a little worried.  Garth went golfing today wit his Uncle Robert and a friend of Pat's (Cari's husband).  He said it was frustrating at first, but as the day went on, he got a bit better and was able to enjoy himself a bit more.  Golf isn't quite his thing, but he is definitely open to giving it a try.
We are having a great time.  It is so nice to take a break from all the crazy things of everyday life.  This vacation is much needed, but as soon as we get home, it's back to business.  I have a competition and performance on Saturday to make sure my classes are ready for.  Crazy stuff.  But I guess that's life.  If I'm not busy, I'm bored.

5 comments:

ClistyB said...

oh, you will LOVE that beach! I do!
The girls will have a great time, even if the weather doesn't co-operate, because kids just love being at the beach no matter what.
I am jealous!

em said...

Have a great time!

Jared said...

I am so jealous! It has been so crazy cold here, I would love to be in California right now. Have a great trip!

Tiffanie said...

I hope you had fun at the beach. How did the party go?

garrett said...

I had no idea you were in California until mom said something Thursday when we were cutting trees at Grandpa's. So how was the beach?! I remember loving the beach when we went there when we were all little. I got my shoes wet and got in a little trouble... but it was a blast! Hope you guys had fun!