Monday, April 28, 2008

Crazy Weekend

What a busy/crazy weekend.  I need to brag a little, my studio participated in a competition on Saturday.  I was very proud of each class.  They all did a great job.  We took four of our classes: three of mine and one of Anjelena's.  Taylor's class tied for first with their ballet number, my Elite's class took third place with their jazz dance, and my adv. ballet class took first with their ballet/lyrical dance.  Anjelena's class got a second place with their jazz routine.  We also had 4 girls do solos, and each one of them placed.  It was a pretty awesome day.  I loved competing when I was in high school.  I hope my girls like competing and had a good time.  I tried my best to emphasize that the most important thing was that they have fun and do their best.  I hope that's what they came away with.  Here is a picture of Taylor's class.  Taylor is on the back row on the left.  Aren't they a cute class?!  All my classes worked so hard.  I am so proud of them. 

The only set back to the day was that I lost my camera somewhere at the high school!  But thank goodness some of the Drill Team girls found it this morning and gave me a call.  As soon as I was able to get everyone ready for the day, I was out the door and headed to the high school to pick it up!
Once we were done at the competition, we had another performance at the Peace Gardens in Price.  This is something we have done for, I believe, the past 3 years.  It's fun to have all of our classes perform outside, give the parents a free performance, and to make sure we are on track for our year end recital.  I think it went pretty well.  It wasn't too windy for us.
But that is my crazy weekend.  Well, I guess mainly my Saturday.  But to finish up the day,  I had a few of my dancers give me call and offer to babysit my kids!  This is the second time they have done it.  It's so nice when they do.  My girls love them, especially Rylie.  This time we had four girls over to watch our three.  (two sets of sisters)  Garth and I went to dinner.  It was nice to sit, just the two of us, and talk.  It seems we don't get to do that very often.  I love my husband.  He is a great guy and a great dad to my dancing Frandsens.
I don't know who coined the phrase "when things slow down", because honestly, when do things ever slow down?  There is ALWAYS something that needs to get done or something for us to do.  But I think, if I weren't busy, I'd be bored.

I meant to add this picture to my last post.  It is too cute.  Camryn and Garth, conked out after a day at the beach.

2 comments:

ClistyB said...

I love your husband, too.
When he is not throwing ice down the back-a-my shirt.

Luke and Mary said...

I too, love your husband! :) he has been a pretty good bother.. I mean BROTHER! :) Love ya Garth!

Sounds like you are busy busy with recitals and rehearsals etc...
Don't feel bad you can't come to Cinderella, I know you would come if you could. I love you guys and miss you tons! And, I never got my thank-you note out.. but thanks for coming to Beauty and the Beast. I really appreciated it!