Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July Weekend

I hope you all had a great 4th of July holiday! Ours was really nice. Thursday we went up to the cabin. Garth needed to put up a game camera. He's pretty serious about this hunt. I am going to be husband-less for a week in September. The week the studio goes back to dance! That's going to be fun, but I think we can make it work. Anyway, the girls played with cousins, Mary even took them on a 4-wheeler ride. Thank you, thank you Mary. Friday we made it back home and did fireworks on the driveway. Camryn wasn't too sure about them. It was fun just to watch her reaction.
Saturday was awesome! Taylor's baptism was really nice. She even had hot water (and I mean HOT) in the font. Thank you to everyone that came. You really made the day special. It meant so much to me to have you there. We have an awesome family and I am so glad we are close. It was so neat to see the circle of men when she was confirmed. I think there were 12 men in the circle. We were only missing Jared. It was great. Thanks again to all for coming.
I think the 4th of July has to be one of my favorite holidays. I love the matching outfits for the kids, the great food, and of course the fireworks. But I think what makes it great is being with family to celebrate this wonderful land we live on. I am so grateful for the freedoms we have. I can't imagine life any other way.
I plan to post pictures later. Right now I am at Mary's house visiting and doing a Layers party. :)

3 comments:

Mindy said...

So it is great to see you and read all about your family. The blog is way cute! If you get a chance to write me send it to
MINDYCHET@msn.com
Talk to ya soon!

ClistyB said...

the steam on the overhead mirror above the font was fun-ny!
it was a good time, even when your husband re-located my ride!!

em said...

I love your new design, so I had to change mine. We had a great time at the baptism and were glad to be a part of Taylor's special day. My mind spins at how quickly the kids are growing up, it makes me kind of sad.