Thursday, July 3, 2008

Theressa Frandsen

My thoughts are all over the place this morning as I think of what to say, so here it goes.  Please forgive me if I ramble.
11 years ago this summer, Garth introduced me to his Grandmother, Theressa Frandsen.  She was definitely a classy lady.  Instantly, I came to know her as Grandma.  Over the past 10 years, I have been able to create many memories that involve this wonderful lady.  She was there for my wedding, present after the birth of all my children, and many many more important events.  I love this lady very much!  She holds a very special place in my heart.
Camryn was born on May 3, 2007.  We blessed her on June 3, 2007, and sweet Great Grandma returned to her Heavenly Father on July 3, 2007, the day after her 88th birthday.  We blessed Camryn when she was only a month old so my brother could be there and I am so glad we did; so Grandma could be there.
This isn't the best 4 generation photo (Neil had just been in a water fight with the kids), but I'll take it!
I have many great memories of Grandma: bottling peaches at her home, picking cherries off her tree, having her baby-sit Taylor while I taught dance, eating her delicious food, the Hawaii trip, many Christmas mornings, the list could go on and on.  
Grandma raised 3 wonderful children, was the proud Grandma of 8 grandchildren and before she passed, the proud Great Grandma of 18.  Now that number is up to 20.  I know she is very special to my husband, and sure she is to the the rest of her family.  I feel very lucky to be a part of that group.
So Grandma, I love you and miss you.  Taylor wants to sing "When He Comes Again" at her baptism as sort of a tribute to you, and you'll be right there with us I'm sure.  You have left a wonderful legacy.  I hope we can continue to make you proud! 
Just a little side note, the song "Mama" by Il Divo on my play list was played at Grandma's funeral.  It's a very beautiful song if you want to check it out.

2 comments:

Jason and Joy said...

I'm sure Grandma will be there at the baptism. It was nice to read this and remember the special times that we all had with her.

ClistyB said...

amen
-grandchild # 4