Monday, August 4, 2008

Forts & Brilliance!

Sunday afternoon the girls wanted to make a fort out of the cushions from the couches in the front room.  I haven't let them do this in a while, so they were pretty excited when I said yes.  They were so proud of their excellent construction, that they wanted to sleep in it.  I think to their surprise, I said yes again.  They were so happy!  If I remember correctly, there was some jumping with excitement involved.  Check out their building skills.

They each had their own sleeping "chamber."  I took a few pictures while they were sleeping.  So much fun!
Here's Taylor all tucked in.

Rylie slept in until 10 o'clock this morning.  Must have been pretty comfy.
I love that these two play so well together, for the most part :).  They're good friends and take good care of each other.  Having a sister is a great thing.  I can remember building huge forts in the basement with my sisters and brothers when I was young.  Instead of cushions, we used chairs and blankets.  It was always so much fun.  Almost as much fun as playing Hot Lava Monster!

Here is my brilliant Camryn.  Brilliant and very cute in my opinion.

Camryn is now 15 months old.  (She looks SO much like Taylor did at this age.)  I was talking to Garth last night and thinking of all the words she can say.  She says mama and dada, eyes (she'll poke yours out too while she says it), Taylor (sounds like laylor), Rylie (this one is new and sounds like lylie), kitty kitty kitty, tickle tickle tickle (these are very similar, but you know what she means), hi, no, shoes (loves to try on any pair she can find), and she can throw a fit like a real pro.  This part is kind of new to us.  The older two weren't real big fit throwers, but Camryn has this one down.  She'll kick her feet, hit the floor, throw things, yell at you.  You name it, she does it.  As I'm typing this post right now, Taylor has just said to me, "Mom, you really should see what Camryn's doing."  She has emptied at least half a bag a Kirkland wipes.  Pulled them out one by one.  Taylor was too busy watching TV to stop her, she has her priorities I guess.  I love my little Camryn.  She keeps us on our toes.  Now she sits on my lap, sucking her thumb and playing with my hair.  That's my girl!

1 comment:

Jason and Joy said...

How fun! I remember building forts when I was little too - Your girls are so cute! I can't believe how grown up Camryn looks in this picture! Her hair looks like its getting so long! I need to see you guys soon ~ It's been too long.