Friday, September 26, 2008

Wacky Week

What a wacky week so far.  I took Camryn to the doctor on Tuesday.  Monday she had a terrible cough and Monday night, she could hardly breathe.  Her breathing was so shallow and so fast with coughing fits thrown in, it was pretty bad.  And her nose was not a pleasant sight.  I took her to the doctor and her oxygen level was at 91!  Poor girl.  So, we came home with an antibiotic she needs to take twice a day (love to change diapers when they're on an antibiotic)  and she has to have breathing treatments 3 times a day.  It's pretty tricky to get a 16 month old to sit still for 10 minutes and breathe in crazy "smoke".  But we make it work.
She is sort of getting use to it.  What she really likes to do is grab the hose and bend it all around.  I also was so lucky to have a friend help me out with watching Rylie while I did all the running to get things done.  I had to teach class in the middle of all this.  Thank you Robin, thank you.

















Wacky thing #2.  We have a cat faced spider living on our front railing.  The thing is HUGE!  I'm not kidding.  It's about the size of a quarter.  During the day it hides out under the railing and at night it comes out and catches moths that fly through because of the porch light.  It's hard to get a picture of it, but here's my best efforts...

Pretty freaky, but also pretty cool and very large, trust me.  We have one living at the back our house too, just outside Garth and I's bedroom window.   All I can say is, if you come to visit, don't put your hand on the railing - not that it's very stable anyway. :)

Wacky thing #3.  Poor Rylie shut her fingers in her bedroom door.  It was pretty bad.
She was shutting doors so Camryn couldn't go in and make messes, and got her fingers caught.  Garth ran them under water for a good 3 minutes.  Then we gave her some Tylenol, put Hello Kitty band-aids on (she broke skin on two of her fingers) and I slept with her until she fell asleep.  It was pretty sad, her poor little fingers were throbbing and she would gasp with pain every once in a while.  But thankfully it didn't take long for her to fall asleep.  Lately she has been wanting to shut the van door, and that scares me because I'm afraid she'll shut her fingers in the door.  Can you just see that, that huge metal door slamming on her little fingers?  Well I can.  I remember when I shut my fingers in Aunt Shanna's blue 4-runner door and I couldn't get the door back open.  Not a pleasant feeling.  Anyway, I guess it just goes to show that anything can happen.

Not so wacky thing #4.  I went to parent teacher conference with Taylor, and much to my not surprise, she is doing VERY well in school.  Her teacher had nothing but great things to say about Taylor.  (pround, beaming mom)  She said she really enjoys having Taylor in her class and is very impressed with her, even wishes she had more students like Taylor.  She also gave her a Panther Paw, very big deal at Pinnacle.  Anyway, I was very proud of her, so we went out to dinner last night.  I let Taylor pick the place and she chose the Cowboy Kitchen.  Not the most family friendly restaurant, but the best place to get a GOOD stake.  It was very yummy!

So there you go, wacky stuff going on the the Frandsen home.  I know you're all jealous, but some people just have all the luck - right? :)

5 comments:

Trent, Natalie and Jantz said...

OK---So you were right that spider is disgusting. It may be the ugliest thing I have ever seen! It kind of gives me the creeps and I am not even close to the spider. =D As for your kids, it sounds like it really was a wacky week!!! I hope Camryn is feeling better and Rylie's fingers get better. Yeah---for Taylor doing well in school! =D Sounds like you are staying busy and enjoying life!

TheFirstWard said...

Camryn looks so sad and yet brave and cute. Rylie looks like an angel with bent wings, (fingers). Taylor really is a great kid. You have three of the cutest kid. The spider...not so cute. Maybe you can close the van door on it!

em said...

I'm sorry you've had such a rough week. I hope the coming week is better.

Mindy said...

#1 better luck next week and keep up the treatments. Better than being stuck in the hospital. #2 Loved your little girls motorcycle shirt and hello kitty bandaids. That is so my kids. Last i laughed out loud about eating at the cowboy Kitchen. I went on a date there and was shocked that it was a restaurant. Oh my funny memories of Price.

Kjerstin said...

I'm terrified of moths, so if that thing eats the moths than it's my favorite spider EVER! :) So sorry about the breathing treatments and slammed fingers. Sounds like a full week!