Friday, May 29, 2009

12 Years

Things are crazy around here, but I was having a thought the other day as Val's and Garth's birthdays approached. It was 12 years ago, on Val's birthday, that I met Garth. Crazy stuff! It was Val's surprise birthday party. James and Val thought Garth and I would be perfect for each other because of a talent my dear brother Jared helped me to perfect - belching. I was at Val's dorm one day for lunch and James was there. Well I, in true Tori fashion, let one go. I guess James was impressed and thought I should met his brother. So tadah, here we are today. Crazy stuff I tell you. Who would have thought - 11 1/2 years of marriage, almost 4 kids, a home in Wellington, UT, 2 dogs and 2 cats - all because I went on a date with a truck diver who had a cool bronco!
So Val, Happy Birthday, you old woman. I totally respect my elders! :-) Thanks for helping make my life so great!
And Garth, Happy Birthday you old man! Just wait til next year - the big 4-0 is going to be a PAR-TAY! I love you babe!

Mermaid cake and tapioca, what a lucky guy!

2 comments:

TheFirstWard said...

Tell everybody happy birthday again for us. Thanks for bringing the girls all the way from Price to visit with Mom. We love you and your cute little family!

Luke and Mary said...

Wow. 12 years, really? I was only 12 then... i guess that makes sense since i am 24! hahah.. I've known you for half of my life! That's cooooool!! I'm grateful you are a part of my family and my life and I'm grateful for a great big bro- Garthy! Happy late birthday by the way... :S I don't think i remembered to call you that day. I'm sorry!