Friday, June 6, 2008

Dance Recital

I have a few things to tell you all about, so let's move back to front shall we? The dance recital went really well. The show went so smooth, it was great. That seems to be that the comment I hear the most is that the show moved along so quickly, which is good because we had 37 numbers in the show and it was still just under 2 hours! Everyone danced so well. Of course my girls did a great job too =). Actually, they were the best ones out there! (ok, maybe I'm a little biased.) The teachers danced to "U Can't Touch This" with one of the classes. It was pretty funny, the girls in the class couldn't quite figure out how to do the running man. But the teachers, we had no problem. I also danced with my two adv. tappers to "Puttin' On The Ritz". Made a couple of mistakes, but I think it still went OK. Our theme for the show was Back In Time. We had songs ranging from the 30's to present. Garth said it was his favorite show so far! =) Here are a few pictures taken after the show. For our finale, we had a "time machine" that the dancers ran through - aren't we clever!



Me and my cutie pies!
Taylor, Mikelle Monson, & Clarissa Noyes, dancing buddies.

After we cleaned up (I wish clean-up after the recital was like clean up at a church function, everyone helps til it's done), we went to McDonald's to get something to eat. I took pictures of the girls because the next day, they would be getting their hair cut! Which leads to my next post.

I put the girl's hair in spongy rollers the day before so it would be curly for the show. I wanted Rylie to look like Shirley Temple because her class danced to "On The Good Ship Lollipop"

Taylor is always ready to pose for a camera.

No comments: