Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Weekend


Hi all.  I hope you all had a great Memorial Weekend.  Mine was pretty nice.  We went up to the cabin so Garth and his dad could fix fence.  This is what we woke up to Saturday morning . . . 

It was a crazy weekend for weather.  It would snow, it would sleet, it would rain, it even hailed.  And some of the time it was nice. =)  The guys were able to get a bit of the fence fixed though, despite the weather.  And Garth and I were able to take the girls to the swings for some fun too.

Garth turned 38 on Saturday.  What an old man!  His Aunt Laurel and Uncle Robert came up on Saturday, so they celebrated with us, along with one of his cousins - Trent Jensen.  James was there too and I think he gave Garth the best birthday present, circus peanuts.  Trent made the mistake of bringing his girlfriend.  My girls fell in love with her immediately!  They wouldn't let her out of their sight.  She was really good to them though and played with them all afternoon.  Thanks Jocelyn. 

I have more pictures of the cake eating fun that I will scrap book later.  Garth wanted yellow cake with chocolate pudding for his birthday.  Garth, being the nice guy he is, shoved Taylor's face in her pudding.  I will post all that later, I promise.  All in all though, it was a nice weekend.  It's nice to get away from the crazy things going on at home.  I was thinking before we left how great it would be if I could take the computer up and get online, but in reality, that is one of the nice things about going to the cabin.  I can leave all that at home.  I'm not saying that going to the cabin is like camping by any means, but it's good to just sit and relax once in a while.
Here is the bit I mentioned in my last post that is going to bring big change in my life . . . Anjelena is moving.  I will no longer have a partner at Dance Technica.  Crazy stuff.  Anjelena and I have been going strong for 6 years now and things have gone really well.  We have just over 100 students.  Now it's going to be just me.  Again, crazy stuff.  I know it will work out, but now there's a lot more on my plate.  It won't be too bad because Anjelena and I did all of it together, the main difference will be that I won't have someone to consult with, it will be just me.  That's a lot of pressure.  But, I do have teachers lined up, so my teaching load shouldn't be any more than it already is, maybe even a little less.  But there you have it.  Changes in the business end of things. (not pregnant) =)
By the way, Dance Technica's dance recital is on June 3rd, 6:30 pm, at Mont Harmon Junior High.  I hope you all can make it.  It should be a good show -- but when is it ever not? ha ha.
Sorry this post is all over the place and really long, but I guess
that's how I am sometimes. And that's ok.

3 comments:

ClistyB said...

My parents has a great time at the cabin. Mom said it was funny/cute how the girls stuck to Jocelyn!
They are excited for the recital.

Julie said...

Isn't Jocelyn so cute! She thought your girls were so much fun. I am excited for it to warm up up there!

Jason and Joy said...

Wish we could be at the dance recital...:-(
Hopefully we can come to the next one!