Monday, May 12, 2008

Best Weekend Ever!

Just thought I would let you all know that I had a FABULOUS weekend!  I've been building up this past weekend for weeks now, and I've got to tell you, it was GREAT!  Saturday Garth, the girls, and myself took a quick trip up to Provo.  I was able to get a few things for Mother's Day and Taylor tried on some pretty baptism dress.  Garth tried to get a few things for his big hunt this year.  He lucked out on the arrow tips, but came home with some new shorts and pants.  But the highlight of the trip was having lunch with Jason and Joy - and of course Jocelyn.  It was so nice to see the three of them and visit.  We haven't seen them since Jocelyn's blessing.  Jocelyn is such a cutie.  I loved on her as much as I could.
When we got home, we stopped by Sutherlands and ended up bringing home some flowers.  I have always thought flowers for Mother's day were kind of corny, but it made me so happy!  I had the best time with Garth planting them.  It really made my day.  I can't wait for my petunia's to start blooming in full splendor!
On Sunday my entire family was here (minus Mike, that darn pilot, thinks he has to work).  My Mom and Dad, sisters, brothers, their  spouses, and my nieces and nephew.  (Jared, I now have a bunch of balloon poodles all over my house.)  It was awesome!  I think everyone had a great time.  My younger brothers slept a bit of the time, but that's OK, we love them anyway.
But anyhoo, I really had a great weekend.  I could not have asked for a better Mother's Day.  This one will always rank high in my book.  I love ALL of my family so much, and to all you moms out there, I hope you had a great Mother's day too.  As far as I'm concerned, you are the best moms in the world!

6 comments:

garrett said...

Sorry I slept so much!!! I was going off no sleep from the trip to St. George and planned on sleeping on the way to your house, but I had to drive!! But it was fun! You guys are great. I'm glad you had a good time!

Jason and Joy said...

We loved seeing you guys! Fun things always happen when we are with you - Taylor realizing before Jason did that he went into the WOMENS bathroom, Rylie's adorable story of her horse ride and how she "held on really tight!" It was so fun to see little Camryn walking..she is so cute! We can't wait to see you again in a couple weeks!! Who knows what kind of fun we'll have!

Elizabeth Ward said...

We had a great time too. I have had a hard time getting Madeline to do anything except play the piano. She wants to play as good as Taylor. She thinks that Taylor is pretty neat.
P.S. I loved your wall color in your living room.

Julie said...

The party is at 1 on saturday at my house in Lehi. The invite will go out today but I wanted to give you a heads up.

Julie said...

It's Silpada jewelry. Jeremy's wife Brooke started selling it a few months ago. We can send a catalog if you can't make it. It's so cute!
www.silpada.com

Tiffanie said...

I'm glad you had such a good weekend. We had fun too. Carter has been asking when we can go to Tori's house WITH dad :) He loves it there.